Medical devices: Lost in translation?
10th SCTO SYMPOSIUM - 8 June 2021, online
Together with Bern University Hospital, the University of Bern, and sitem-insel AG (Swiss Institute for Translational and Entrepreneurial Medicine), the SCTO is holding its 10th symposium on 8 June 2021. National and international experts will share their perspectives on medical devices in clinical development.
During the symposium, we will address many interesting aspects of this topic, including the following:
- New requirements for medical devices: From clinical development to certification and market access
- Focus on Switzerland: Where do we stand in clinical development? What is the regulatory framework in Switzerland?
During the second part of our symposium, we will look at the topic from three different perspectives:
- Patient: A case study of patient-driven medical device development
- User: User-centred design and artificial intelligence
- Academic: Unique challenges with medical devices in translational medicine
In addition, our breakout sessions during the lunch break will give participants the chance to learn more about topics specific to Switzerland, for example about access to the Swiss market or what training is needed and what training is currently available in Switzerland.
The symposium will be held in English.
For the online registration and the PDF of the program go to: https://www.scto.ch/en/event-calendar/symposium/symposium-2021.html